NYC Commercial Litigation Lawyer
Litigation Attorney in New York City
At the Law Office of Steven R. Sutton, we bring our clients the best of both worlds: quality large-firm commercial litigation experience, with the personal attention only available at small law firms. In handling any New York City commercial litigation case, we pay special attention to the facts and go over every detail. We use the latest computer research tools and technological advances to seek optimal results.
With over 75 years of combined experience in commercial litigation, we can confidently handle even the most complex and intricate legal issues. We are skilled when it comes to handling disputes outside of trial to reach a prompt alternative dispute resolution but we are also familiar with the entire trial process that could unfold. We are experienced when it comes to positioning our clients in a place of advantage in trial and communicating the needs and wants of our clients in a persuasive and efficient way to the judges and juries.
Founding attorney Steven R. Sutton initially worked as a law clerk in the New York Appellate Division (2nd Department), gaining invaluable experience working closely with judges and gaining insight into how they examine commercial litigation issues before them. When we prepare your case, we look at it not only from an attorney's point of view, but also from a judge's perspective - maximizing your chances of getting the best results. We provide individuals and small to medium-sized businesses (whether partnerships, corporations or LLCs) with a range of commercial law services, including:
Breach of Contract
Cases - Disputes relating to the violation of any type of commercial or business agreement.
- Misrepresentation and Fraud Cases - Commercial or business disputes stemming from an intentional misstatement or misrepresentation of a material fact, that has led to substantial damages.
- Breach of Non-Compete Agreements - Disputes relating to the violation of a covenant or agreement not to compete with a former employer.
Non-Disclosure Agreements - Disputes relating to the violation of an agreement not to disclose certain sensitive material or information.
- Breach of Confidential or Trade Secret Covenants or Agreements - Disputes relating to the violation of an agreement, often with a former employer, to keep certain information confidential, or that certain information would be considered "trade secrets."
- Breach of Employment Agreements - Disputes relating to the breaking of an employment agreement, or disputes relating to a former employee who fails to honor a non-compete agreement.
Broker Disputes - Actions by real estate brokers seeking to enforce Commission Agreements relating to
real estate transactions.
- Corporate or Limited Liability Company Dissolution- Assisting in dissolving a company while limiting liability for lawsuits and government fees.
- Disputes between Brokers and former Salesmen or Saleswomen -Assisting former salespeople who were subjected to frivolous litigation by a former broker or employer who attempts to prevent the former salesperson from earning a living in the real estate industry.
- Partnership or Shareholder Disputes - Handling a wide variety of issues that may arise between business partners or shareholders. This could involve operating agreements, the distribution of profits, or other issues relating to management or control.
- Actions for Partition - Handling disputes where a co-owner is seeking to have the Court divide the property that is jointly owned.
- Landlord / Tenant Disputes - Legal actions or summary proceedings by builders, developers, or landlords who seek to improperly evict tenants, both residential and commercial. Alternatively, we also aggressively represent landlords in holdover and non-payment summary (landlord-tenant) proceedings.
- Collection Matters - Assisting businesses in collection matters involving significant amounts of money. Also assisting out-of-state attorneys to collect on pre-existing judgments from defendants / judgment-debtors in New York State.
If you are facing a commercial dispute that affects your bottom line, you are urged to contact a business litigation attorney at once to get effective legal help with your case. The New York City commercial litigation lawyers at this firm are dedicated to providing the most efficient legal representation possible. We devote the time and effort necessary to investigate every aspect of our client's case and build a strong case for them.
Personal Service, Skilled Advocacy from a New York City Litigation Lawyer
Our aggressive approach of helping our clients settle disputes in the most cost-effective and efficient way has proved successful time and again for decades. Our New York City litigation lawyers aim to resolve each case sensibly and in the least protracted way necessary. We are always however, prepared to fight cases aggressively in court when needed, no matter how large the adversary is. No matter who you are or what your needs may be, you are more than a number at our firm. We are passionate about what we do, and will focus on solving your legal issue and help you prosper in this economy. Contact The Law Office of Steven R. Sutton today to get your NYC commercial litigation case started.